Rod Diamond B.App.Sc (Ex and Sp Sci ) (Syd Uni)
Rod Diamond is an exercise physiologist whose experience encompasses fields including sports medicine, exercise, physical activity, health, fitness and rehabilitation.
Having completed a Dip Business (Accounting), Rod was for several years a director and CFO for a travel agency. He also played rugby league for 10 years in Sydney, Brisbane and England and after retiring from rugby league, trained professional sporting teams and individual athletes in Australia and internationally.
Holding a degree in Exercise and Sports Science from The University of Sydney. Rod also has a level 2 strength and conditioning qualification, weightlifting and track and field (sprint training) coaching certificates and a Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy.
Since 2007, Rod has been practicing as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist at South Sydney Sports Medicine Centre (est 1986) in Kensington NSW.
Within his practice Rod consults, assesses, prescribes, designs and supervises exercise programs to healthy patients and patients with varying medical conditions requiring physical rehabilitation, strength, conditioning and fitness.
Specialities, Expertise and Experience:
- Stem Cell Rehabilitation.
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation.
- Workers Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident Rehabilitation.
- Pre-Operative Strength & Conditioning and Post Operative Rehabilitation.
- Hydrotherapy and gym programs.
- Rural and Regional Health
- Aboriginal, Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Medico Legal Reports for liability and damages assessments. (For both plaintiff and defendants.)
- Designing, implementing & supervising musculoskeletal screening, preventative health care, fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and rehabilitation programs.
- Lecturing on topics such as chronic medical conditions, health and disease risk factors, rehabilitation, growth & development, wellness and wellbeing and general health & fitness.
Rod provides rehabilitation to patients post stem cell treatment and is a co-author of a recently published paper on stem cells:
In addition, Rod is involved in ongoing stem cell research.
Gibbs, Diamond Et al “Management of knee osteoarthritis by combined stromal vascular fraction cell therapy, platelet-rich plasma, and musculoskeletal exercises: a case series” Journal of Pain Research 2015:8 799–806
Working with schools (metro, regional and rural)
Over the past 15 years Rod has worked in NSW schools, including working with special needs and indigenous students, conducting healthy lifestyle workshops, health checks and physical activity sessions.
Work with employers/employees
Rod travels throughout Australia as part of a team conducting pre-employment screening, functional capacity assessments, workplace site inspections and assessments for numerous industries to ensure compliance with work, health and safety regulations.